Here To Support Those Who Served.
Who’s Supporting You While You Support The Veteran In Your Life?
You’ve spent so much time and energy to help your family. When your spouse is gone, who’s supporting you? Through the VA, Veterans’ spouse benefits are available to help you after your partner’s passing. There are also benefits available for dependents, family members, and other survivors of servicemembers who have passed or were seriously injured in the line of duty. While most healthcare plans don’t go to great lengths to put you in a better position after the death of a spouse, VA benefits for spouses can help survivors advance their career, get an education, or provide supplementary income. VA-guaranteed home loans can also go some way toward restoring order in the house you love.
How Do I Know If I Quality For VA Benefits For Spouses?
In order for you to be eligible to receive the Survivors Pension Benefit and other services, there are specific requirements you need to meet. A Survivors Pension is a tax-free monetary benefit payable to a low-income, un-remarried surviving spouse and/or unmarried child(ren) of a deceased Veteran with wartime service. The deceased Veteran must also have met the following requirements, per www.benefits.va.gov:
- For service on or before September 7, 1980, the Veteran must have served at least 90 days of active military service, with at least one day during a war time.
- If he or she entered active duty after September 7, 1980, generally he or she must have served at least 24 months or the full period for which called or ordered to active duty with at least one day during a war time.
- Was discharged from service under other than dishonorable discharge.
For the child of a deceased Veteran to be eligible for pension and other benefits, they must be:
- Under 18, OR
- Under age 23 if attending a VA-approved school, OR
- Permanently incapable of self-support due to a disability before age 18
You could be eligible for several benefits and not even know it.
With AVCC, we help you receive the benefits you’re qualified for.
What Benefits Am I Entitled To As The Spouse Of A Deceased Veteran?
It’s easy to overlook just how much you’re entitled to as the spouse of a deceased servicemember if you’re not well-acquainted with what the VA has to offer. For everything from pension benefits to memorial benefits, AVCC can help align you with the services you need to keep your life going when everything around you seems to be holding you back. Benefits include:
- Disability compensation
- Employment services
- Home loans and housing-related assistance
- Education and training
- Health care
- Life insurance
- Pension benefits
How Can AVCC Help?
It’s our job to assist with pension benefits and obtaining home care services in the wake of your spouses passing. We sift through your specific case and determine a plan for your needs. We know how difficult the passing of a spouse can be—let AVCC make it easy on you, and offer you the support that you deserve.